Thursday, December 1, 2011

(extra) ordinary

Tell me what you see.


I was taught to walk very slowly on the beaches of Prudence Island, RI by my grandmother who was a master at finding treasures. She found pieces of bone pottery, artifacts from the revolutionary era, arrowheads, and countless pieces of beach glass. Six years ago, I took a break from prepping for my thesis presentation in college to spend the weekend on Prudence to relax and reflect. While I was walking on Picnic Tree Beach on the west side of the island, I came across this view which instantly made me smile. This subtle and seemingly bland view of of two trees that I have walked past hundreds of times, on a grey spring day, reminded me of how important it is to slow down and appreciate the nuanced complexities and beauty of the ordinary and the common.

Enjoy.

No comments: